Three of the missiles were fired toward Riyadh, two toward Jazan, and one each toward Khamis Mushayt and Najran, Saudi state news channel Al Ekhbariya quoted a coalition spokesman as saying.
Riyadh has been the target of similar attacks, but this is the first one that has resulted in a fatality.
On Monday, a gaping hole in the roof and scattered piles of concrete debris were all that remained of the small room which Abdul-Moteleb Ahmed shared with other labourers. "They are all from Egypt".
The pierced ceiling of a home hit by falling shrapnel from Yemeni rebel missiles that were intercepted over the Saudi capital.
The latest attack comes a short time after the leader of Yemen's Shiite rebels lashed out at the United States, accusing it of fermenting the war in his country through a Saudi-led coalition and even going so far as to claim that USA ally Israel is participating in attacks in Yemen.Читайте также: United Kingdom forcing 'allies to take confrontational steps' over spy poisoning - Russian Federation
Rebel authorities ordered all schools and government offices shut for the anniversary.
The two Gulf Arab states are leading a coalition fighting the Iran-aligned Houthi group that controls most of northern Yemen and the capital Sanaa.
About 10,000 Yemenis have been killed and 53,000 wounded since the start of the coalition intervention in Yemen, which triggered what the United Nations has called the world's worst humanitarian crisis. Their forces also hold the north of Yemen and the country's largest port.
The rights group has also slammed the Saudi-led alliance for possible war crimes in Yemen. Saudi Arabia had previously blamed Iran for supplying the Houthi rebels with missiles.
"The transfer of missile capabilities to non-state actors that may be used against states is irresponsible and contrary to law", French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said in a statement on Monday, appearing to refer to Iran.
Seventy-five percent of French people want a halt to the country's weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the other countries waging a destructive war on Yemen, a poll has found.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Google offering free USB-C charger with Pixel 2 purchase
- Arsenal fans are refusing to believe Thomas Tuchel is 'done deal'
- Putin, Trump discuss potential meeting
- Attack in Kabul on Persian New Year kills 26
- Parkland gunman's brother to appear in court after trespassing at Stoneman Douglas
- Paul McCartney Remembers John Lennon During March For Our Lives
- Nicholson's Pubs Crown Liquor Saloon welcomes Prince Harry and Ms Meghan Markle
- Air India Sets Up Probe Team For Slapping Incident
- Banks lending collapsed due to inept NDA government: Rahul Gandhi
- Stranger Things Cast Get Salary Increases Before Season 3