Grab is SE Asia's most popular ride-sharing firm with millions of users across eight countries.
The sale of Uber's regional business marks the first major consolidation efforts among ride-hailing companies in Southeast Asia. Talks about merged operations in Southeast Asia began nearly immediately afterwards.
Southeast Asia is home to about 640 million people. "Their trust in us as a transport brand allows us to look towards the next step as a company".
In a deal announced today, the American company will give up its operations in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, in exchange for a 27.5 per cent stake in the Southeast Asian firm.
During a visit to India in February, Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi had, however, pledged to continue investing aggressively in Southeast Asia, even as the company expected to lose money in the fast growing market. As well as its ride-hailing services, the company has its own payment system called GrabPay, for example. As part of the Yandex merger, the two companies created a joint venture in which Yandex had a majority stake.Читайте также: Air India Sets Up Probe Team For Slapping Incident
The deal represents another major retreat from worldwide markets for Uber, following its withdrawal from China in 2016 and Russian Federation in 2017. It has also suffered several setbacks, from reporting losses to losing its former CEO due to a harassment scandal. Last week, one of its driverless cars was involved in a fatal crash in Arizona, forcing the company to stop its self-driving operations in the U.S. and Canada. On the other hand, Grab gets to expand on its meal delivery service being merged with Uber Eats.
The Uber service will be available in Southeast Asia for another two weeks until April 8 for Grab to onboard Uber drivers onto its platform. Grab and Uber together can serve their combined customers with the best in the market.
The recently announced GrabCycle marketplace, for shared bicycles and personal mobility devices, and GrabShuttle Plus, for on-demand bus routes, are pilots toward this vision.
Grab, which started out as a taxi-hailing app in Kuala Lumpur in 2012, became the region's dominant ride-hailing service in past years with $4 billion raised from investors.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Captain Marvel movie to feature key Guardians, SHIELD characters
- Saudis intercept seven ballistic missiles fired at cities by Houthis in Yemen
- YouTube to simplify live streaming with shortcut in your phone's camera app
- Putin, Trump discuss potential meeting
- United Kingdom forcing 'allies to take confrontational steps' over spy poisoning - Russian Federation
- Oil Prices Up As EIA Confirms Crude Draw
- Deputy's quick action stopped Maryland school shooter
- Google offering free USB-C charger with Pixel 2 purchase
- Trump moves to limit transgender individuals from military service
- Stranger Things Cast Get Salary Increases Before Season 3