Mufti, on the other hand, said that Jammu and Kashmir takes pride in its multi-religious and multi-cultural ethos which has given it a special place in the country.
According to reports, New Delhi was likely to send a central team to inspect the ground realities in the riot hit areas where two persons were killed, many including senior police officers were injured and several houses, shops and vehicles were set ablaze by miscreants during a clash between two communities on Ram Navami.
Clashes broke out on Monday in the Kandi area of Murshidabad district, when the participants of a Ram Navami rally, reportedly armed with swords and tridents, tried to enter a police station.
This is published unedited from the PTI feed. He, however, assured the local people that the situation had been largely brought under control by the police.
The curfew was imposed last week as a precautionary measure to avoid violence in view of communal tension past year during the Ram Navami celebrations, said a police official. "The police will take legal action against it", Sharma said.Читайте также: UEFA to allow players to switch clubs in Champions League
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had ordered the director general of police (DGP) to instruct all the superintendents of police (SPs) to take strong action against those who carried arms in the rallies.
Officer in-charge (OC) Pramit Ganguly also received head injuries in the violence, he added.
BJP MP and Union minister Babul Supriyo said the attack was a "premeditated" one, meant to hurt him.
Another death was reported from Purulia district on Sunday happened which is perhaps because of the celebratory march of the Ram Navami procession.
State BJP president Dilip Ghosh said it was an age-old Hindu tradition to conduct "astra puja" (worship of weapons) on the day of Ram Navami and that he was not aware of any ban on armed rallies.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Trump asks to share Saudi Arabia's wealth through weapons deals
- Son of Geelani's Successor Joins Hizbul, Pic Goes Viral on Social Media
- China, US in talks to avert trade war
- Air India Sets Up Probe Team For Slapping Incident
- Arsenal fans are refusing to believe Thomas Tuchel is 'done deal'
- Nicholson's Pubs Crown Liquor Saloon welcomes Prince Harry and Ms Meghan Markle
- U.S. 'can't confirm' Kim's visit to China
- Anthony Joshua v Joseph Parker: Betfair punters backing Kiwi to upset AJ
- Bank of England votes 7-2 for no-change
- Captain Marvel movie to feature key Guardians, SHIELD characters