The two countries have mutually made a decision to resolve matters as per the 1992 code of conduct (COC) ensuring the diplomats and their families are not harassed, the External Affairs Ministry said.
Calling for removing non-tariff barriers between India and Pakistan, the Indian envoy here said today both the countries need to shun violence and normalise relations in order to take the two-way trade to United States dollars 30 billion from the present USD 5 billion.
The two sides have taken steps to minimise such cases in the past 5-6 days and called on each other to abide by the August 1992 CoC in dealing with diplomats in talks held here and in Islamabad.Читайте также: Saudis intercept seven ballistic missiles fired at cities by Houthis in Yemen
Pakistan too had complained that its High Commission staff in New Delhi and their families, including children, were being regularly harassed by unknown individuals on the streets of the national capital. He returned to New Delhi on March 22. It next attempted to escalate the issue by declaring that it was summoning High Commissioner Sohail Mahmood for consultations in light of these incidents.
Indian government sources had said earlier this month that "harassment is the new normal for Indian high commission personnel in Islamabad" for the past more than one year, with the Indian high commissioner lodging a strong protest more than a month ago on February 16 with Islamabad "against multiple acts of hooliganism against Indian properties and personnel".
The second indicator was the presence of a senior MEA official at the Pakistan high commission amid speculation that the two sides were engaged in serious discussions to sort out the row.
In the latest "Note Verbale", India had drawn attention to three specific incidents of harassment and intimidation of Indian officials in Islamabad.
"The Chambers of Commerce & Industry of both countries are the most important lobby as not only they can play an instrumental role in strengthening mutual trade and economic ties but they can also influence the policy makers", the Indian high commissioner said.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Men 'Dark Phoenix' and 'New Mutants' movies held til 2019
- Ford And Alibaba Have Launched A Giant Car 'Vending Machine' In China
- U.S. 'can't confirm' Kim's visit to China
- Russian Federation mall fire: Search for victims called off
- Sen. Mitch McConnell eyes legalizing hemp as agricultural commodity
- Facing outcry over data breach, Facebook again overhauls privacy settings
- Officer Who Shot Alton Sterling Fired From BRPD
- Trump attorney discussed pardons with Flynn, Manafort lawyers
- Anthony Joshua v Joseph Parker: Betfair punters backing Kiwi to upset AJ
- Son of Geelani's Successor Joins Hizbul, Pic Goes Viral on Social Media