Apple didn't respond to a request for comment Wednesday. The gesture would take into account the proximity of a finger to the screen. This is more or less the same time frame the tipsters provided for the other new technology that they said Apple is developing: a curved screen. Apple is expected to release a 6.5-inch iPhone with an OLED screen and a new, lower-cost LCD model. Those are two big features that were missing from the HomePod at launch, but which Apple promised to make available via software updates as soon as possible. After all, OLED displays are more flexible than LCD screens. Apple is also working on a new type of MicroLED screen but this technology is even further away at three to five years.
"Both features are still in the early research and development stage and Apple could choose to not go forward with the enhancements", Bloomberg notes. It's the first iPhone from the company that doesn't feature a physical home button and has a display notch. The only one that has a slight curvature is the iPhone X.Читайте также: Sen. Mitch McConnell eyes legalizing hemp as agricultural commodity
Samsung offered similar gesture controls, dubbed Air Gestures, on its Galaxy S4 smartphone years ago. Apple's approach will apparently require the gestures to be closer to the screen than the search giant's.
Trust Apple to be different.
But Apple's feature will reportedly be baked into the iPhone's screen rather than through a separate sensor or via a motion sensor in the phone's border. It's like hovering a finger over the display to control it.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Cynthia Nixon was 'a little devastated' at SATC wardrobe scene
- Overwatch Uprising returns next month
- 'Clearly stupid': Florida school shooting survivors forced to carry clear backpacks
- PUBG to possibly get region lock to "improve network issues"
- Kim Jong-un wants to write new history with South Korea
- Turkey grants construction license to Akkuyu NPP
- First Person Sentenced In Robert Mueller's Russia Investigation
- Ichiro robs a home run and continues to rob Father Time
- India and Pakistan to resolve diplomatic treatment row over talks
- Police responding to active shooter at YouTube offices near San Francisco