Given the recovery time for hip surgery is six to eight weeks, with patients being able to resume light activities at three weeks, there is little doubt Philip will attend the Royal Wedding.
The Duke of Edinburgh is "comfortable and in good spirits" after a successful hip replacement operation, Buckingham Palace has said.
The palace said Prince Philip is "progressing satisfactorily at this early stage" and is likely to spend several days at King Edward VII Hospital in London.
In August 2017, the Duke retired from 65 years of public service, more than five years after the Palace originally said he would gradually "wind down" his workload, though he remained keen to carry out many of his duties.
Philip has reportedly experienced heart problems in the past. "That's more important than someone's chronological age". Prince Philip did not attend Maundy Service this past Thursday, nor was he seen at Easter Service, which generated a lot of discussion.
In June 2013 he spent 11 nights at the London Clinic, another private hospital in central London, where he underwent exploratory abdominal surgery.Читайте также: Tearful Australia coach Lehmann quits over cheat scandal
The duke retired from official duties past year but has been seen in recent months driving his vehicle and attending some events with his family.
Prince William and his wife Kate are expecting their third child this month, and Prince Harry plans to marry American actress Meghan Markle on May 19 at Windsor Castle.
Details about which of the duke's hip joints was replaced have not been released by Buckingham Palace.
Ananda Nanu, the board's president, said hip replacement patients need strong pain relief after their operations.
Figures for the United Kingdom, excluding Scotland, show 851 people over 90 had a hip replacement in 2016.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- India and Pakistan to resolve diplomatic treatment row over talks
- South Africans saddened by death of #WinnieMandela
- Facing outcry over data breach, Facebook again overhauls privacy settings
- Turkey grants construction license to Akkuyu NPP
- Weather Authority: Another winter storm ahead
- Joseph Parker speaks on defeat to Anthony Joshua
- Big Changes Coming to Future iPhone Designs
- 'Clearly stupid': Florida school shooting survivors forced to carry clear backpacks
- Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 'No easy teams left in Europa League'
- LeBron matches Jordan as Cavaliers down the Hornets