But earlier this year the worldwide community was stupefied when Kim Jong-un invited US President Donald Trump to meet after months of escalating tensions between the leaders.
"It's likely that Kim Jongun comes with an alternate significance in mind", Abraham Denmark, a former senior US defense official claimed, noting a possible denuclearization deal seems to be contingent on the USA generating the most suitable conditions.
According to CNN, the talks between the USA and North Korea's intelligence officials are aimed at laying the ground for a meeting between Central Intelligence Agency Director Mike Pompeo, who awaits Congressional confirmation for his appointment as a secretary of state, and the head of the North's Reconnaissance General Bureau, whose identity has not been confirmed.
According to the officials, the North Koreans are pushing to hold the meeting in Pyongyang, although it was unclear whether the White House would be willing.
The talks between intelligence officials are laying the groundwork for a meeting between Pompeo and his North Korea counterpart, the head of the Reconnaissance General Bureau, in advance of the leaders' summit.Читайте также: Philip, husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, due to have hip surgery
The preparations for the Trump-Kim summit are reported to be made through the channel that runs between the Central Intelligence Agency and the Reconnaissance General Bureau.
Officials said the current target is late May or even June, according to CNN.
"But we can not say for certain that the United States counterpart in the North was Reconnaissance General Bureau".
President Trump agreed to talks after a message from tyrant Kim was delivered to Washington by a South Korean envoy saying the North Korean leader was prepared to talk about denuclearisation and would freeze missile tests during talks. "What we will see next is the exchanges of presidential envoys between the United States and North Korea".
The Koreas have to also decide how many times Kim and Moon would meet on April 27 and whether parts of the summit would be broadcast on live television. Once a location is agreed upon the officials said that the date will be set and the agenda discussed in greater detail.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Amazon Echo Devices Can Now be Used as an Intercom System
- Amit Shah issues clarification on comparing opposition with animals
- China's Tiangong-1 space lab plummets to Earth, misses Wisconsin
- Australia break women's 4x100m freestyle world record
- Oregon Joins Suit To Block Immigration Inquiries On 2020 Census
- First Person Sentenced In Robert Mueller's Russia Investigation
- Turkey grants construction license to Akkuyu NPP
- Indian killed in Iraq went through illegal agents: MoS
- Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 'No easy teams left in Europa League'
- Buckingham Palace has announced that Prince Philip has been admitted to hospital