[The nuclear deal, aka the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action or JCPOA] merely hit the pause button temporarily on those aspects of Iran's nuclear program that it had already perfected - and, as [Salehi's] threats underscore, could be easily restarted-while leaving Tehran with the time and space to develop technologies that it hadn't perfected such as advanced centrifuges and missiles. However, "our response will be stronger than what they imagine, and they will receive it (the response) within a week", he said.
"Some people think that our nuclear activities slowed down in my term, but the truth is that our nuclear industry is advancing faster [than expected] and with a greater degree of precision capability", he added.
US sanctions that were lifted under the deal reached by Tehran and six world powers in July 2015 will be reinstated unless Trump waives them again on May 12.
Trump said US law must tie long-range missile and nuclear weapons programs together, making any missile testing by Iran subject to "severe sanctions".Читайте также: Donald Trump Won't Be Mentioned Again on 'Roseanne'
"If senior Islamic Republic officials issue an order to resume the 20-percent enrichment, we can do it in [the] Fordo [nuclear facility] within four days", Salehi was quoted as saying in Iran's state-controlled FARS News Agency.
His threats reveal what many deal skeptics have long argued: "unless the JCPOA is fixed, Iran has pathways to dozens of nuclear-tipped missiles capable of striking USA forces, United States allies, and eventually the U.S. homeland".
Iran's First Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri has announced that his country will unify official and open market exchange rates following the Rial's recent drop against the dollar.
Russian Energy Minister Aleksandr Novak said the country is considering an option of payments for oil in national currencies, in particular with Turkey and Iran. But it is still allowed to develop nuclear technology for civilian purposes, including energy production and scientific research.
He said "preparations have already been made" without giving more details. He said, if his demands are not met within 120 days, the United States will withdraw from the deal.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 'No easy teams left in Europa League'
- Trump vows 'forceful' response after Syria attack
- Keys to the Game: Notre Dame vs Michigan Hockey
- North Korea ready to discuss denuclearization with US
- Philip, husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, due to have hip surgery
- Oregon Joins Suit To Block Immigration Inquiries On 2020 Census
- New iPhones may have curved screens and touchless controls
- Australia break women's 4x100m freestyle world record
- WrestleMania 34's biggest fight apparently happened after the show
- England In Gold Rush, Win Six On Day One Of Commonwealth Games