Afghan officials often give conflicting casualty figures immediately after an attack.
Bagram District Gov. Abdul Shukoor Qudusi said the driver was wounded in the Wednesday night explosion, which set several shops in the area on fire. The attackers planted mines to prevent government reinforcements from coming and quickly took responsibility for the attack.
A lawmaker in the Afghan Parliament said three top district officials and several security forces were killed in a Taliban attack on a government compound in Ghazni province.
The total number of civilian casualties in the January-March period reached 2,258 - nearly unchanged from the same period in the past two years, the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan said.
According to Associated Press, the blistering attack in the Khwaja Omari district was the latest insurgent assault in Ghazni province. At least 45 to 50 militants were killed, he said.Читайте также: Apple Says Its Global Facilities Powered With 100% Clean Energy
Provincial officials said on April 12 that police and intelligence officers were also among those killed in the overnight raid on the Khwaja Omari district headquarters in Ghazni Province. He said the fighting began about 2 a.m. with the Taliban storming the highly secure compound in Khuja Omari district.
The militants killed district governor Ali Dost Shams, his bodyguards, seven police officers and five government intelligence agents, said Ramazan Ali Mohseni, deputy police chief in Ghazni.
Around 45 insurgents were also killed and several others wounded, he said, adding: "Taliban have set alight the district office complex, but reinforcement arrived at the district and now the situation under control".
The district governor, Shukrullah Shaker, said a roadside mine and a rocket hit a vehicle carrying police reinforcements sent to the scene, killing the police commander.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Russell Crowe 'divorce' auction rakes in over $2.8 million dollars
- European Blockchain Partnership Confirms Britain's Belief In EU Partners
- The World's Oldest Living Man Was Born Before We Even Had Radios
- WWE RAW after WrestleMania: Ronda Rousey BRUTALISES Stephanie McMahon again
- Narine stars as Knight Riders get opening win against Royal Challengers
- Kroger to hire 11000 people in 2018
- Bayern Munich cut Bundesliga celebrations short to focus on Sevilla
- Hungarian people want to 'stop Soros,' says Orban
- Gov. Rick Scott Announces Bid to Unseat Florida's Democratic Senator
- Avengers: Infinity War Officially Rated PG-13