After trading Gerrit Cole to the Houston Astros, it was believed that McCutchen would be the next in line to be dealt. The other players are still unknown. He was a four-time Silver Slugger and has 203 career homers, fourth most in Pirates franchise history.
The 2013 #Nl Mvp has had an interesting last few seasons. Pittsburgh doesn't get anything from playing guys like Freese or Cervelli next year. Overall not bad, but low for McCutchen Standards. But McCutchen could end up being an important piece of the puzzle for the Giants in 2018. The 2013 National League Most Valuable player is coming off a season in which he slugged 28 home runs and drove in 88 runs. Then past year he started off extremely slow and was moved to right field.
He is now 31 years old, and a change of scenery may do some good for him. If he struggled to patrol the gaps at PNC Park, then he'll have an even harder time guarding the spacious outfield at AT&T Park.
The Falcon Heavy rocket will be one of SpaceX's biggest tests yet
CEO Elon Musk named the spacecraft the most important (expensive) payload ever launched by the company. No further requests for communication were entertained by the company regarding the mission.
What remains to be seen is who goes to Pittsburgh in the deal.
Apparently the Pittsburgh Pirates' plan for future success does not include keeping one of the franchise's greatest stars in black and gold. A lot will ride on what they get back in the deal, but also what other moves they make. Without McCutchen, fans are looking at an offense led by Josh Harrison, David Freese, and the perennially disappointing outfield duo of Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco. Some of these guys are still really young, and the Pirates may want to keep them. However, speculation inside City Paper's newsroom is that the players the Pirates will receive come with both low salaries and low expectations. The new contract buys out all of the closer's arbitration years and potentially two free agent years.
- Syrian Kurds mobilise civilians as Erdogan warns of attack 'at any moment'
- Georgia QB Jacob Eason reportedly transferring to Washington
- Julian Assange diplomatic status bid rejected by UK
- GOP senator: Reports of Trump's 's---hole' comments a 'gross misrepresentation'
- Texas Sen. John Cornyn confident Congress will pass CHIP funding
- India likely to revive missile deal with Israel
- Winter weather event possible for Coffee County Friday night, NWS says
- Camila Cabello Was 'Definitely Hurt' By Fifth Harmony's VMAs Shade!
- Rep. Darrell Issa will not run for another term
- National Football League announces full schedule of 2018 London games