"The plan is to get back to her best level".
"She needs more than anything to compete and that is why she will plan to play Indian Wells and Miami".
Garbine Muguruza and Karolina Pliskova could be her semifinals opponents. Elina Svitolina of Ukraine dominated the event, winning 17 straight points during victories over Venus and CoCo Vandeweghe before defeating China's Zhang Shuai 10-3 to win Dollars 250,000.
The eight-woman competition marked the return of two tennis heavyweights, with new mother Serena Williams taking on her first singles event of 2018.
After correcting the protocol for the "rock-paper-scissors" game used to determine who served first, Williams fell behind 4-2, but a double-fault from Bartoli followed by two aces from Serena saw the American great ahead 5-4.A couple of forehand winners and a service victor saw Williams take an 8-4 lead, and she finally finished it off with another winning serve."It feels different, it feels good", said Williams, who returned to competition with a Fed Cup doubles loss alongside her sister Venus last month.
Chinese Communist Party approved a new package of reforms in the country
Xi took power in 2012, which was followed by his vow to restore China to its former glory among the superpowers of the world. Control of the state, which grants him the title of president, is arguably the least important of the three.
During the 90th Academy Awards, Nike aired a 30-second commercial honoring Serena Williams where she proclaims there is no wrong way to be a woman.
Her coach certainly does.
"The way Serena plays is very short points, she doesn't have to hit 20 balls to win a rally, the way the game is played lends itself to playing less and still be able to do it well as long as you stay in physical shape", she added.
Venus already knows what to expect.
"I would love for my daughter to be around with me doing great, and playing wonderful, so that definitely gives me some motivation".
"I want my daughter to be truthful and honest, strong and powerful; to realize that she can impact those around her".
- Mark Carney: Cryptocurrency isn't real money and must be regulated
- City powers past Chelsea as title moves closer
- How the Academy changed the Oscars envelopes after last year's mix-up
- Egypt dismisses Red Sea islands transfer-challenges
- Allison Janney thanks long-time St. Paul resident in Oscar acceptance speech
- Cycling doping documentary 'Icarus' wins Oscar
- Russian Federation tells European Union gas supplies via Ukraine under no immediate threat
- Maintenance Leads to Drop In UAE's Oil Output
- Putin showcases missiles pointed at Florida, Trump is silent
- Q2 Weather: Falling snow stops, but blowing snow is still trouble